RWTH Jane License
This license is derived from the Q Public License v1.0 and the Qt
Non-Commercial License v1.0 which are both Copyright by Trolltech AS,
The aim of this license is to lay down the conditions enabling you to
use, modify and circulate the SOFTWARE, use of third-party application
programs based on the Software and publication of results obtained
through the use of modified and unmodified versions of the SOFTWARE.
However, RWTH remain the authors of the SOFTWARE and so retain
property rights and the use of all ancillary rights.
The SOFTWARE is defined as all successive versions of RWTH JANE software
and their documentation that have been developed by RWTH.
When you access and use the SOFTWARE, you are presumed to be aware of
and to have accepted all the rights and obligations of the present
- You are granted the non-exclusive rights set forth in this license provided you agree to and comply with any and all conditions in this license. Whole or partial distribution of the Software, or software items that link with the Software, in any form signifies acceptance of this license for non-commercial use only.
- You may copy and distribute the Software in unmodified form provided that the entire package, including - but not restricted to - copyright, trademark notices and disclaimers, as released by the initial developer of the Software, is distributed.
- You may make modifications to the Software and distribute your modifications, in a form that is separate from the Software, such as patches. The following restrictions apply to modifications:
- Modifications must not alter or remove any copyright notices in the Software.
- When modifications to the Software are released under this license, a non-exclusive royalty-free right is granted to the initial developer of the Software to distribute your modification in future versions of the Software provided such versions remain available under these terms in addition to any other license(s) of the initial developer.
- You may use the original or modified versions of the Software to compile, link and run application programs legally developed by you or by others.
- You may reproduce and interface all or part of the Software with all or part of other software, application packages or toolboxes of which you are owner or entitled beneficiary in order to obtain COMPOSITE SOFTWARE.
- RWTH authorize you, free of charge, to circulate and distribute for no charge, for purposes other than commercial, the source and/or object code of COMPOSITE SOFTWARE on any present and future support, providing:
- the following reference is prominently mentioned: "composite software using Jane (c) RWTH functionality ";
- the SOFTWARE included in COMPOSITE SOFTWARE is distributed under the present license ;
- recipients of the distribution have access to the SOFTWARE source code;
- the COMPOSITE SOFTWARE is distributed under a name other than RWTH JANE.
- Any commercial use or distribution of COMPOSITE SOFTWARE shall have been previously authorized by RWTH.
- You may develop application programs, reusable components and other software items, in a non-commercial setting, that link with the original or modified versions of the Software. These items, when distributed, are subject to the following requirements:
- In no event shall the initial developers or copyright holders be liable for any damages whatsoever, including - but not restricted to - lost revenue or profits or other direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages, except to the extent invariable law, if any, provides otherwise.
- The Software and this license document are provided "AS IS" with NO EXPLICIT OR IMPLICIT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTY OF DESIGN, ADAPTION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- You assume all risks concerning the quality or the effects of the SOFTWARE and its use. If the SOFTWARE is defective, you will bear the costs of all required services, corrections or repairs.
- This license has the binding value of a contract.
- The present license and its effects are subject to German law and the competent German Courts.