The Lehrstuhl für Informatik 6 of the RWTH Aachen University
is looking for Bachelor/Master students for research projects in the area of
machine translation with statistical methods.
The following tasks are part of the thesis work:
The candidates are expected:
- implementation and testing of new approaches in machine translation;
- the work consists of data preparation, implementation and testing of new algorithms;
- the algorithms are to be applied to tasks with very large vocabularies,
e.g. translation of speeches and debates of the European Parliament.
- to have good C/C++ programming skills
- to have attended the lectures at the Lehrstuhl für Informatik 6
(Statistical Methods in Natural Language Processing, Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks)
or to have gained knowledge of the respective content from other sources.
To apply, please contact:
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 6
Ahornstr. 55, RWTH Aachen
Tel.: (0241) 80-21632
E-Mail: guta [-at-] cs.rwth-aachen.de