This is the home page of Jan Bungeroth,
formerly PhD-student at the Chair
of Computer Science 6 at RWTH Aachen - University of Technology, Germany.
The main research topics of the Chair are:
- Pattern Recognition,
- Human Language Technology,
- Image Processing and Recognition.
See the list of publications of the Chair here.
My research interests include:
- Phonological models and notation systems for Sign Languages,
- Sign Language corpora and lexica,
- Sign Language translation in spoken languages using statistical methods.
List of Publications (inverse chronological order)
Click to download or view
- L. F. D'Haro, R. San-Segundo, R. d. Córdoba, J. Bungeroth, D. Stein, and H. Ne:. Language Model Adaptation For a Speech to Sign Language Translation System Using Web Frequencies and a Map Framework. Interspeech 2008, Brisbane, Australia, September 2008.
- P. Dreuw, D. Stein, T. Deselaers, D. Rybach, M. Zahedi, J. Bungeroth, and H. Ney: Spoken Language Processing Techniques for Sign Language Recognition and Translation. Technology and Dissability, volume 20, number 2, pages 121-133, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, June 2008.
- J. Bungeroth, D. Stein, P. Dreuw, H. Ney, S. Morrissey, A. Way, and L. van Zijl: The ATIS Sign Language Corpus. International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), Marrakech, Morocco, May 2008.
- S. Morrissey, A. Way, D. Stein, J. Bungeroth, and H. Ney: Towards a Hybrid Data-Driven MT System for Sign Languages. Machine Translation Summit (MT Summit), pages 329-335, Copenhagen, Denmark, September 2007.
- D. Stein, J. Bungeroth, and H. Ney: Morpho-Syntax Based Statistical Methods for Sign Language Translation. 11th Annual conference of the European Association for Machine Translation, Oslo, Norway, June 2006.
- J. Bungeroth, D. Stein, P. Dreuw, M. Zahedi, and H. Ney: A German Sign Language Corpus of the Domain Weather Report. 5th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, Genoa, Italy, May 2006.
- J. Bungeroth and H. Ney: Automatic Generation of German Sign Language Glosses from German Words.
6th International Workshop on Gesture in Human-Computer Interaction and Simulation (GW 2005) ,
Vannes, France, pp. 49-52, May 2005.
- J. Bungeroth and H. Ney: Statistical Sign Language Translation.
Workshop on Representation and Processing of Sign Languages, 4th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2004) , Lisbon, Portugal, pp. 105-108, May 2004.