Homepage of Dr. Ralf Schlüter, ADWelcome to the homepage of Ralf Schlüter.
Currently I am a senior researcher at the Lehrstuhl Informatik 6 in the Computer Science Department at RWTH Aachen University.
- automatic speech recognition
- acoustic and stochastic modeling
- discriminative training
- decision theory
- confidence measures
- pattern recognition
- signal analysis
Dr. Ralf Schlüter studied Physics at RWTH Aachen University and at
Edinburgh University. He received
the Diplom degree with honors in Physics from RWTH Aachen University in 1995
and the Dr.rer.nat. degree with honors in Computer Science
from RWTH Aachen University
in 2000. From November 1995 to April 1996 Ralf Schlüter was with the
Institute of Theoretical Physics B at RWTH Aachen University, where
he worked on statistical physics and stochastic simulation
techniques. Since May 1996, Ralf Schlüter is with the Lehrstuhl
RWTH Aachen University.
From May 1996 until April 1999 he received a scholarship from
Siemens AG, Munich.
Speech Technology ProjectsFor the following projects, the speech recognition research of the Lehrstuhl Informatik 6 at RWTH Aachen University is/was coordinated by Ralf Schlüter.
For details on the projects please refer to our projects page.
- BABEL, US IARPA project
- Broad Operational Language Translation (BOLT), US DARPA project
- TransLectures, EU project
- EU-Bridge, EU Integrated Project (IP)
- QUAERO, French project funded by OSEO
- SCALE, EU project
- JUMAS, EU project
- Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (GALE), US DARPA project
- Technology and Corpora for Speech to Speech Translation (TC-STAR), EU Integrated Project (IP)
- Improving Core Speech Recognition Technology (CORETEX), EU project
- Verbmobil II, German BMBF project
- Structured Acoustic Models for Speech Recognition, German DFG project
- Team leader of the Automatic Speech Recognition working group at Lehrstuhl Informatik 6, RWTH Aachen University
- Teaching at the
Lehrstuhl Informatik 6
- Computer Science Department. Courses given include:
- proseminar data compression
- lecture automatic speech recognition
- lecture advanced methods for automatic speech recognition
- lecture pattern recognition and neural networks
- lecture digital processing of speech and image signals
- seminars in the area of human language technology and pattern recognition
- Study advisor for the following study programs offered by the Computer Science Department at RWTH Aachen University:
- Subject Editor for:
- Speech Communication
- Reviewed for:
- Speech Communication
- IEEE Journal on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing (formerly Speech and Audio Processing)
- IEEE Journal on Signal Processing
- IEEE Signal Processing Letters
- IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP)
- IEEE Automatic Speech Recognition and Understanding Workshop (ASRU)
- Project reviewer for the European Commission
Last modified: May. 15, 2012.